Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Some tool bar changes

From: Miguel V. S. Frasson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Some tool bar changes
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:40:28 -0300

On 8/2/06, Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 02 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> You should, however, check with XEmacs.  It will probably not like
> this entry.

Hm, `next-error' also uses `:visible' and I seem to recall that
`toolbar-x.el' is supposed to skip incompatible properties.  Yes...
Probably we could use an additional ":enable (not TeX-PDF-mode)" to
disable (!= invisible) the icon for XEmacs.

The better for both in this case is to use
    (file :image "dvips"
      :command (TeX-command "File" 'TeX-master-file -1)
      :insert (not TeX-PDF-mode)
      :help (lambda (&rest ignored)
              (TeX-bar-help-from-command-list "File")))
since TeX-PDF-mode already refreshes the toolbar on its hook and the
:insert property would do its job correctly.

For the next error button, if it is possible to refresh the toolbar
everytime that the error flag is toggled, then we could use the
:insert property as well, improving the toolbar in XEmacs.

Regards

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson