[AUCTeX-devel] Re: about polish latex packages

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: about polish latex packages
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:26:42 +0100

* David Kastrup (2007-01-16) writes:

> This posting was deleted by the automoderator as SPAM.  I am
> resurrecting it from the moderation notification messages.  Sorry for
> the delay.
>
> Seweryn Kokot <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>> With polish.sty quotation marks are written in the LaTeX source like
>>> "`this"'.  Is it correct that with polski.sty they are written like
>>> ,,that''?
>> yes, it's correct, we use ,,word'' for quotation.
>> Now I have
>> (setq TeX-open-quote ",,")
>> in .emacs file.

With 11.84 you don't need that anymore if you have parsing enabled as
suggested on the first page of the AUCTeX manual.  In addition
quotation mark insertion can be customized on a per-language basis.
This is explained in the manual.

>> P.S. I've noticed that some posts of mine didn't show up on the
>> group. I'm using gnus, what should I type in summary buffer to reply:
>> 1. S R
>> 2. S V
>> 3. S W?

The problem obviously was the automoderator.  Regarding Gnus,
personally I mostly use `F' when replying widely.  That works both
with mail and news.  Sometimes when I want to send mail as answer to
a message on Gmane I use `S W'.

--
Ralf