[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [comp.emacs.xemacs] AUCTeX 11.84 released

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [comp.emacs.xemacs] AUCTeX 11.84 released
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:52:52 +0900

Ralf Angeli writes:

 > * Stephen J. Turnbull (2007-01-27) writes:
 >
 > > However, if this is so annoying to you, there must be lots of them.
 > > I'm curious, why aren't those users coming to XEmacs?  Don't you tell
 > > them what the right place to report bugs is?  Or what?
 >
 > We usually tell them to upgrade.

Hm.  Sounds to me like the process is working just about like *we*
want it to.  They try the package version, they want something more,
they ask for it, they get it.  Those who don't need more don't say
anything, they just are happy.

I realize that doesn't meet *your* needs or expectations in any way.
I'll get in touch with Uwe and see what he wants to do/can do about
updating or abandoning the XEmacs packaged version.