[AUCTeX-devel] gmdocTeX mode

From: Grzegorz Murzynowski
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] gmdocTeX mode
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:14:06 +0200

As the `gmdoc' package (a new tool for documenting (La)TeX sources that hopefully will substitute `doc' and `ltxdoc') has been presented at the EuroBachoTeX conference, I kindly ask you for creating the gmdocTeX mode of Emacs.

The gmdocTeX mode could be derived from docTeX mode with only two modifications:

1. There should be the primary default extension .tex and the secondary .dtx;

2. _every_ % sign should start the documentation typeface, not only the one at the beginning of a line;

3. since _every_ % sign starts the documentation typeface, it is advisable to make the background of this typeface more distinctive, e.g., for dark backgrounds, not dark gray but dark red.

to make every % start the documentation typeface,
I commented out two lines in the font-latex-doctex-syntactic-face-function's definition:

(defun font-latex-doctex-syntactic-face-function (state)
  ;; Mark docTeX documentation, which is parsed as a style A comment
  ;; starting in column 0.
  (if (or (nth 3 state)
          (nth 7 state)
          ;(not (memq (char-before (nth 8 state))
                     ;'(?\n nil))); BUT NOW ^^A DOESN'T START A COMMENT.
          )
      ;; Anything else is just as for LaTeX.
      (font-latex-syntactic-face-function state)
    font-latex-doctex-documentation-face))

but without that condition the ^^A doesn't start the comment typeface, what I would expect.

What should I change to get ^^A start the comment?

Virtually yours,
Grzegorz Murzynowski.