[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:28:41 +0100

   > You also did "Customize `TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons', adding the label
   > `LaTeX-symbols-experimental' at the end." here, right?

Yes of course.

   >> 3 I restart my xemacs with all my initializations but now set
   >> (setq LaTeX-symbols-toolbar-visible-flag nil)

   > I don't understand why you insist on fiddling with an internal
   > variable.

Because of what the doc string states:
    "Non-nil means that the LaTeX symbols on toolbar are visible."

But of course if that causes problems I leave it untouched and then I
don't have any problem. So I skip most of the next paragraphs since
they might not be relevant.

   > My suggestion is to investigate (1) first.  What is the output of `C-h
   > k' followed by a click on the symbol, say α?  (Or doesn't `C-h k' work
   > on tool bar buttons in XEmacs?).

So the problem is I see two new toolbar buttons

    -   a $∑$ and a sort of $√$ next to it

    -  a  ∨

Pressing  ∨  states then that I could select a class of symbols I
activate Greek upcase.

But when I press ∑ then   $√$ changes to a × but other than that
*nothing* happens.

C-h k and left click on that symbols gives me:

button1 runs (lambda nil (interactive)
(progn (setq LaTeX-symbols-toolbar-visible-flag
(not LaTeX-symbols-toolbar-visible-flag)) (toolbarx-refresh)))

not documented

Uwe Brauer