[AUCTeX-devel] Popping to TeX help and output buffers

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Popping to TeX help and output buffers
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 12:40:43 +0100

The last change to tex-buf.el had a side effect.  If `TeX-display-help'
is set to nil, only a message in the echo area is shown.  Before the
change, the raw output buffer was shown in addition.

The doc string of `TeX-display-help' seems to suggest that the new
behavior is actually the intended one.  And the manual talks about an
`expert' option which makes the output buffer appear.  However, I could
not find such an option in the source.  So my suggestion would be to add
the possibility to set this option in `TeX-display-help' and pop to the
raw output buffer if its value is `expert'.

WDYT?

--
Ralf