Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:56:42 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>> Well, it slightly complicates contributing.  At least I had to
>> reinstall CVS and remember how to use it.  After emacs switched to
>> bzr, I immediately deleted CVS and forgot all I knew about it (which
>> wasn't much, anyway). ;-)
>
> Shouldn't the details be hidden behind Emacs' VC?

At least theoretically.

> When doing AUCTeX development I'm mostly using VC, only for larger
> commits pcvs.  For Emacs development I intend to do this as well, but
> for the few commits I've had a simple `bzr commit' on the command line
> was enough, so I haven't looked deeper into the VC interface.

I've tried to use VC a few times, but always switched back to command
line because something I needed wasn't implemented or I didn't know how
to do it with VC.  At work, I mainly use mercurial, which is not the
best supported VCS in VC.  But right, at least for CVS, SVN, and bzr, VC
works pretty good.

Bye,
Tassilo