Re: [AUCTeX-devel] beamer & preview

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] beamer & preview
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 09:52:21 +0200

On 08/06/2011 10:43 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Andrea Crotti (2011-07-03) writes:
At the moment the query is hard-coded.  You could probably define a
keyboard macro to do the work for you.

Ok thanks I'll try this way, but why making it hard coded in general?
And last thing, isn't there any plan to switch the repository to
something more modern (at least subversion)?
At least I don't plan to do something like this.  And AFAICS, especially
subversion would not offer anything worthwhile over CVS in the context
of AUCTeX development.

I'm not sure about that, one immediate improvement is that you
could get a lot more developers helping out. I frankly don't contribute
to any CVS project because I hate it so much, and other people
also do the same...

Anyway another cool thing about subversion is that is a very good
API to use also other systems, such as Git with git-svn or similars.

I hope that people contribute to a project because they are interested
in the software or the matter, or because they need a certain feature,
not because the project uses a specific VCS.

If the tools are too stupid even people that would like to contribute
will soon lose their excitement.
I remember I've seen a libreoffice talk, they were saying that passing to
Git from CVS brought a huge increment in the number of developers.