Re: [AUCTeX-devel] afterpage.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] afterpage.el
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:19:20 +0100

Mads Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2013-01-02 10:12, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>>> Please accept the attached style for afterpage. It's a tiny package
>>> that only provides one command.
>>
>> There's no such function `TeX-add-symbol'.  I guess you've meant
>> `TeX-add-symbols', right?
>
> Yes. Sorry.

Ok, committed with that fix.

> I have a small suggestion to latex.el: please check if there's a
> document environment in the file before inserting one in
> `LaTeX-env-document'.

What's that good for?  C-c RET documentclass RET already creates a
document environment.

> I think this can be done with:
>
>   (unless (string-equal (LaTeX-current-environment 100) "document")
>     (LaTeX-insert-environment "document"))
>
> I did not find an easier to get the toplevel environment, other than
> using a magic number sufficiently big enough.

That doesn't work.  `LaTeX-current-environment' with an argument bigger
than the current environment nesting level returns "document" also if
there's no document-environment at all.  I guess the reason is that the
current file might be \include-d or \input-ed in some other file.

Bye,
Tassilo