Re: [AUCTeX-devel] acronym.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] acronym.el
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 17:34:04 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> In my .emacs I have
>   (setq TeX-auto-save t)
>   (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> After having opened, modified and saved `acrotest.tex' I get the attached
> `auto/acrotest.el' file (actually, one also needs to revert and re-save the
> buffer in order to get the `LaTeX-add-acronyms' stuff).

Inserted here for convenience:

(TeX-add-style-hook "acrotest"
 (lambda ()
    (LaTeX-add-acronyms
     "CDMA"
     ;; ...
     "BUT")
    (LaTeX-add-labels
     "Chem")
    (TeX-run-style-hooks
     "acronym"
     ;; ...
     "")))

> The `LaTeX-add- acronyms' function is before running `acronym.el'
> style, so when opening `acrotest.tex' the next time Emacs can't find
> `LaTeX-add-acronyms' function if (TeX-auto-add-type "acronym" "LaTeX")
> is in `acronym.el' style.

Ah, ok, now I understand.

> If I understand correctly, `latex.el' is evaluated before auto/*.el
> files, this is why I suggested to move that line into `latex.el'.

Yes, but I'd prefer to keep style-specific extensions in the style's
el-file.

Is it somehow possible to ensure that the `TeX-run-style-hooks' form is
always the first in lambda that is the style hook function for your
document?

Bye,
Tassilo