Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-env-contents patch

From: Mads Jensen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-env-contents patch
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:37:32 +0100

Hi,

> Is that really true?  The LaTeX2e docs say that for example a
> filecontents environment must only occur before \documentclass.  See
> section 3.1 of http://www.latex-project.org/guides/usrguide.pdf.

To justify my claim, try compiling the attached file, and notice that
only the second filecontents generates an error, and that the first one
passes through with just the warning that a file is being written to.

Why the LaTeX 3 team writes this in their must be either a mistake, or
because something changed after 2001 with the filecontents environment
definition.
--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards,
Mads Jensen