Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Enhancement for brace pairing

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Enhancement for brace pairing
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 00:25:07 +0900

Hi Tassilo,

> At a first glance, the patch looks good and the feature sounds useful.

Thanks, my pleasure.

> And as far as I can see, you've already signed a CA for auctex, although
> there you've specified the email address address@hidden, but its you
> anyway, right?

Yes, that's me.  I signed several years ago and my email address has
changed since then.

> Could you please also provide a ChangeLog entry that lists all
> new/edited variables and functions.

Well, is this OK?

2013-09-**  Ikumi Keita  <address@hidden>

        * latex.el: Enhance brace pairing feature.
        (TeX-arg-insert-braces): Extend to be used with \bigl and its
        friends.
        (TeX-arg-insert-right-brace-maybe): New function.
        (LaTeX-insert-left-brace): New function.
        (LaTeX-insert-corresponding-right-macro-and-brace): New function.
        (LaTeX-find-preceeding-left-macro-name): New function.
        (LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace): New customization option.
        (LaTeX-left-right-macros-association): New variable.

        * style/amsmath.el ("amsmath"): Make use of the above change.
        \lvert and \lVert are paired with \rvert and \rVert,
        respectively.

> And since that's a very user-visible change, it wouldn't be bad to have
> a paragraph in doc/changes.texi and an explanation of the new options
> somewhere in auctex.texi.  The latter might need a completely new node
> below "Editing", e.g., something like "Pairing braces and paired
> macros".

I see.  I'll write the necessary stuff, hopefully within a few days.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita