Re: [AUCTeX-devel] 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex and forwa

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex and forward pdf search
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:22:12 +0200

>>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:
>
>    > Hi Uwe,
>    > 2014-06-22 23:08 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:
>

>    > That's because xdvi and most other DVI viewers don't support SyncTeX,
>    > see also this discussion:
>    > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.devel/3164
>
> oops so I have to switch the correlation  method when I  switch from
> latex to pdflatex?

You could redefine `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' to
    (if TeX-PDF-mode 'synctex 'source-specials)
as I suggested in the above discussion.  Note that there Tassilo
reported Evince 3.8 is able to do inverse/forward search with SyncTeX
also with DVI output.

> That is very inconvenient. I have files with ps graphics for which I
> cannot use pdflatex, and files with png graphics for which I cannot use Latex.

You said you have TeX Live 2009, but recent TeX Live versions
(starting from 2011, IIRC) automatically convert .ps picture to PDF
when compiling with `pdflatex'.

Bye,
Mosè