Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Xemacs+newest git version:

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Xemacs+newest git version:
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:40:29 +0200

>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:

   > Can you issue `edebug-defun' on
   > `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' and rerun
   > `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method'?  I really can't understand
   > why it should return `source-specials' to you.  Doing this with both
   > AUCTeX 11.87 and git version would be nice :-)

Yes and even before I set the debugger
I think I found the source of the problem.

The version I called patched 11.87 was maybe never submitted but send to
me privately by you.

;; the git version

(defun TeX-source-correlate-determine-method ()
  "Determine which method is available for forward and inverse search."
  (let ((help (condition-case nil
                  (with-output-to-string
                    (call-process LaTeX-command
                                  nil (list standard-output nil) nil "--help"))
                (error ""))))
    (if (string-match "^[ ]*-?-synctex" help)
        'synctex
      'source-specials)))

;; the "11.87 patched version"

(defun TeX-source-correlate-determine-method ()
  "Determine which method is available for forward and inverse search.

If `TeX-PDF-mode' is non-nil return `synctex', `source-specials'
otherwise."
  (if TeX-PDF-mode
      'synctex
    'source-specials))

I think this explains everything. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Uwe