[AUCTeX-devel] extended reftex-search-document

From: Lars Madsen
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] extended reftex-search-document
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:56:32 +0000

I was wondering, has anyone thought of making an extended version of
reftex-search-document?

By this I mean a similar feature, but where one can add, say a callback, that
will make extra tests on a match found, and if the test fails, automatically
continue to the next match.

This could be rather useful then editing sources other people wrote. For
example, adding that we are only interested in matches outside of math.

In the manuscript I'm currently editing, there are a lot of standard commas
missing in the text, so if I had a feature like this I could make a regexp
(only lower case matches) of standard words that should always be preceeded by
a comma in my language, as a callback it should be looking to see if a comma
was already present.

I haven't gone too far down the details of how tags-search (which
reftex-search-document use) actually work.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/address@hidden / More information:
http://au.dk/en/address@hidden