Re: [AUCTeX-devel] GNU emacs: 24.4.1 auctex 11.88: installation problem:

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] GNU emacs: 24.4.1 auctex 11.88: installation problem: style files
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:34:03 +0100

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > Let me just quote the XEmacs specific instructions _again_ (you cut them
   > when replying):

   >        XEmacs users can achieve the same end by pointing `configure' at an
   >     appropriate package directory (normally
   >     `--with-packagedir=~/.xemacs/xemacs-packages' will serve).  The package
   >     directory stands a good chance at being detected automatically as long
   >     as it is in a subtree of the specified PREFIX.

   > You are meddling with your load-path as if you were using GNU Emacs.
   > Please _either_ indeed use GNU Emacs, or follow the instructions
   > specific to XEmacs.

David, surprise[1], I use GNU emacs[2], in fact I am using GNU emacs 24.4.1
as I indicated in my first mail when I wrote about the configure option.
Our mail exchange has nothing to do with Xemacs and yes I have two
completely separated initial files and directories, so the two Macsen
are *not* in any way mixed.

Footnotes:
[1]  and now this is only a partial shift

[2]  because of the excellent BIDI supports its provide.