Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Integrating support for some viewers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:50:13 +0900

Hi Arash, thanks for your comment.  Sorry for being late to reply, since
I don't subscribe to auctex-devel.  I found your message on the web
archive http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/ .

> Is there a particular reason why the remainder in tex-jp.el
> shouldn't move into tex.el as well?

The primary reason is being conservative.  I know little about these
viewers, and cannot judge whether they are harmless for environments
without Japanese support.  So I left them in tex-jp.el, which is loaded
only when Japanese tex is required.  (At least the line relevant to xdvi
is such an example because the construct `%(xdvi)' is defined in
tex-jp.el.)

So don't mind to move the viewers into tex.el if you know that they
does not raise problems in non-Japanese tex environments.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita