[AUCTeX-devel] amsrefs support in reftex - where to start?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] amsrefs support in reftex - where to start?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 09:01:13 +0200

Hi all,

I was pretty sure I already asked about it some time ago, but I can't
find it in the archives.

The fact that reftex does not support amsrefs really bothers me.
However, the reftex source code feels kind of intimidating.  Could you
help me a bit with these two questions?  I guess I would be able to find
out by myself, but it would take me some time...

1. Where I should look to see how the bibentries (I mean, the ones in
the LaTeX file, not the ones in .bib files) are parsed?  I could analyse
that code and come up with a similar device for amsrefs entries.

2. WHere I should put the check for \usepackage{amsrefs} so that I can
turn my device on?

While I don't have as much time as it used to be for Emacs hacking
nowadays, this is higher on my priorities list now, since reftex support
for amsrefs would really, really help me.

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski