Re: [AUCTeX-devel] feature proposal kill an next item in a enumerate lik

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] feature proposal kill an next item in a enumerate like environment
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 21:10:51 +0000

Hi Arash

    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

    > Hi Uwe,

    > I'm not sure if AUCTeX has a function to detect and/or mark an item (and
    > I haven't checked).  But you could roll your own function, maybe like
    > this:

    > (defun ub/delete-item ()

First of all, thanks very very much, this is really sophisticated at
least for me, then some clarification.

    -  it should be called ae/delete-item! I did not do anyhing

    -  I suggest to include such a function or a similar in auctex core,
       what do others think? Or maybe ae/mark-item as well? I mean
       replacing

    (delete-region item-start item-end)
    (when (looking-at "^$")
      (kill-line))
    (indent-according-to-mode)))

By

    (push-mark item-end)
    (goto-char item-start)
    (TeX-activate-region)
    (indent-according-to-mode)))

For me this is really great and helpful.

Thanks again and regards

Uwe