Re: Output to directory patch

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: Output to directory patch
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 23:21:43 +0000

Hello Ikumi,

> Sorry, a new task has come in for my job and I don't have spare time to
> look your patch. I hope I can come back early, but I can't promise.

Thanks for letting me know.

In the meantime, I updated preview-latex to work with TeX-output-dir
(hopefully).
I don't use preview-latex and the code is quite complicated, but I tested it on
some examples and it should now work when caching preamble or not.

The updated patch (off the latest commit 653e2723) is here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haji-ali/auctex/tex-build/etc/auctex-output-dir.patch

I am not aware of any other outstanding bugs so I will wait for further
feedback and bug reports.

Best regards,
Al