Re: reftex and captionof

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: reftex and captionof
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 20:09:23 +0100

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I try to avoid using the figure environment since it sometimes causes
> problems and chose instead

What for problems are you facing?  Can you elaborate?

> \begin{center}
> \includegraphics[width=.7\textwidth]{./impulso.png}
> \captionof{figure}{\label{impulso}La gráfica de función impulso}
> \end{center}
>
> However it seems that reftex is not able to localize this label by its
> interface. Am I right?

Can't confirm.  I put your example in a random .tex file and hit `C-c )'
and RefTeX sees the label (which was also my expection).  RefTeX looks
for a literal \label{foo} when it parses a file.  In this case, it
doesn't matter that it is inside an argument.

Best, Arash