Re: reftex and babel

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: reftex and babel
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:32:23 +0100

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Reftex inserted the reference to the equations (I chose one equation and
>> the other by hitting +) and connected the  reference with the word «and»
>>
>> Given that this is a Spanish document «y» would be more appropriate. In
>> if it were German, then «und» etc etc.
>>
>> In other words reftex should be using babel to chose its syntax.
>>
>> What do others think?

> I'm not sure if it is job of the text editor to do this.  I suggest you
> use a LaTeX package like cleveref or varioref (not sure about it) to do
> the job since they are specialized on these tasks.  Take for example:

> | ahora (\ref{eq:test-ref:1}) and (\ref{eq:test-ref:2})\\
> | \cref{eq:test-ref:1,eq:test-ref:2}
> |
> | \end{document}

Thanks. Just a small observation, it seems that reftex is not really
supporting cleverref.

I activated the cleverref option in reference style, but when I run
reftex-reference
and chose both references to the equations then again
 (\ref{eq:test-ref:1}) and (\ref{eq:test-ref:2}) is inserted,
*NOT*  \cref{eq:test-ref:1,eq:test-ref:2}

What do I miss?

Uwe