Re: a brace-based indenting patch

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: a brace-based indenting patch
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 14:00:49 +0100

Sašo Živanović <saso.zivanovic@guest.arnes.si> writes:

Hi Sašo,

> Sorry for bothering the mailing list with this, but I'm new at
> Savannah and I'm not sure how to propose a patch.

That's exactly the right way. :-)

> I have generalized the brace-based indenting to support arbitrary
> delimiters (like "[]" or "()"). I have been using this for a while
> myself, and it has recently been asked for at TeX.SE
> (https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/635747/16819), for indentation of
> Forest trees (something I care about, as I'm the author of Forest).

Have you seen the thread starting with the below message on the auctex
users list?

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2022-03/msg00004.html

Especially, how does your patch work in the presence of valid interval
notation like [1,10[ or [1,10)?  Will that break indentation for the
remainder of the whole document?

> I kindly ask you to let me know how I can make a contribution to the
> project.

Submitting a patch to auctex-devel is the right way.  And in order to
commit your patch to our repository (which one of the maintainers will
do), you'd need to assign copyright to the FSF.  (I or some other
maintainer will send you the form for starting that process then.)

Bye,
Tassilo