Re: catchfilebetweentags the final version.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: catchfilebetweentags the final version.
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 18:19:28 +0200

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Please prefix your variables and functions with LaTeX-<packagename>.

>> +(defvar catchbetween-use-numeric-label t
>> +  "Variable to insert automatic numerical labels.")
>> +(make-variable-buffer-local 'catchbetween-use-numeric-label)

> I think this one should be customizable variable, right?  Then it should
> go in tex-style.el and look like this:

> (defcustom LaTeX-catchfilebetweentags-use-numeric-label t
>   "Insert automatic numerical labels if non-nil."
>   :type 'boolean)

I am confused now, I did understand you that  this defcustom should go into
tex-style.el, but I see you put in
catchfilebetweentags.el

So I am a bit confused.

>> +(defvar catchbetween-counter 0
>> +  "Counter for catchfilebetweentags  numbers.")
>> +(make-variable-buffer-local 'catchbetween-counter)

> I suggest to initialize this one to nil and add it
> `TeX-normal-mode-reset-list' in the style hook.  Then a user can reset
> the variable with 'C-u C-c C-n' if it gets out of sync.  Do:

I don't understand that
so LaTeX-catchfilebetweentags-use-numeric-label should be set to nil or
t per default.

If it is nil, I don't understand your comments about
`TeX-normal-mode-reset-list' in the style hook

I thought you run customize-option if is controlled by defcustom.

I am confused. Sorry.

> I'd re-write this one, see the file attached.

>> +(defun catchbetween-environment ()
>> +  "Insert a skeleton with a counter for the `LaTeX' package
>> `catchfilebetweentags'."
>> +  (interactive)
>> +  (save-excursion
>> +    (when catchbetween-use-numeric-label
>> +      (let ((fn (catchbetween-counter-inc)))
>> +        (insert (concat "%<*" (format "%s" fn)  ">\n\n%</" (format "%s" fn)
>> ">" ))))
>> +    (unless catchbetween-use-numeric-label
>> +      (insert (concat "%<*"   ">\n\n%</"  ">" ))))
>> +  (forward-line))
>> +
>> +(defun catchbetween-insert-environment (environment)
>> +  (catchbetween-environment))

So as far as I can see you rewrote catchbetween-environment
#+begin_src
(defun LaTeX-env-catchfilebetweentags (_environment)
  "Insert a tag-skeleton defined by `LaTeX-catchfilebetweentags'.
ENVIRONMENT is ignored."
  (let* ((fn (when LaTeX-catchfilebetweentags-use-numeric-label
               (LaTeX-catchfilebetweentags-counter-inc)))
         (tag  (TeX-read-string
                (if fn (format "Tag (default %s): " fn) "Tag: ")
                nil nil (when fn (number-to-string fn)))))
    (unless (bolp)
      (newline)
      (delete-horizontal-space))
    (save-excursion
      (insert (concat (format "%%<*%s>" tag)
                      "\n\n"
                      (format "%%</%s>" tag)))))
  (forward-line))
#+end_src

Right? That is way above my elips knowledge, but I see you added the tag
input, which is good.

So it looks nice to me, much better than my version but I don't
understand your comments about «TeX-normal-mode-reset-list' in the style
hook»

Regards

Uwe