Re: TeX-arg-key-val syntax and let go of eval

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: TeX-arg-key-val syntax and let go of eval
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:56:19 +0200

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash,

> That is, we can have this (which is still my preference, btw)
>
>   '("macro" (TeX-arg-key-val (named-function)))
>
> where named-function has no args, and
>
>   `("macro" (TeX-arg-key-val ,(lambda () ...)))
>
> where ... is more complex stuff.
>
> So this is my final proposal reg. getting rid of eval, I think :)
> WDYT.

AFAICS,

  '("macro" (TeX-arg-key-val named-function))

will also work with your definition and take preference over a
(confusingly named) variable named-function (as is the case with my
suggestion).  So basically there's just an alternative syntax for
calling named functions.  I prefer my version a bit more but don't have
strong feelings.

Bye,
Tassilo