AUCTeX newenvironment input support

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: AUCTeX newenvironment input support
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 03:03:26 +0900

Hi all,

Here is (re)newenvironment input support in latex.el:
,----
|    '("newenvironment" TeX-arg-define-environment
|      [ "Number of arguments"] t t)
|    '("renewenvironment" TeX-arg-environment
|      [ "Number of arguments"] t t)
`----
Note the two `t's in each entry. This leaves two empty "{}"s when the
user types C-c C-m newenvironment RET some-env-name RET RET, but the
point is left inside the second "{}" then. It doesn't make much sense
for me. I'd say most users expect that the point is in the first "{}".

I'd propose to apply the attached fix, which also includes removal of
duplication of code. (The deleted portion is inside "else" clause of
`(if (string-equal LaTeX-version "2")', but it wouldn't fail for LaTeX
2.09 document because `TeX-arg-define-macro-arguments' takes care of
it.)

Any comments?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita