Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: macro maketitle inserts \maketitle{}
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:21:47 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
>> Well, sparse is maybe not precise enough a word.

>> I did not mean sparse in the sense of missing documentation, I meant
>> sparse in the sense of a missing example

>> I hope you don't shout at me or get a heart attack but if I read

> I apology if you feel offended.

Quite the opposite. Sorry this was an intent of German humor/irony and
it did not work out 🙄

I don't feel offened at all, it is just that after all this years of
using GNU emacs and auctex in particular, I still don't have basic lisp
concepts automatically available 😳

>> | Each element is a cons cell, whose CAR is the macro name, and the
>> | CDR is non-nil or nil, depending on whether a pair of braces
>> | should be, respectively, appended or not to the macro.

>> I think, gosh, I have to read the lisp manual because I don't remember
>> by heart what is CAR and what is CDR, and I have some basic lisp
>> knowledge and presume there are AucTeX users out there who know less
>> than me ...

>> So in short one simple example would be very helpful.

> You can try
>   (setq TeX-insert-braces-alist '(("maketitle" . nil)
>                                   ("newpage" . nil)))

Why not adding this to the docstring?

> in your init file. However, I recommend to use customize interface as I
> wrote in my previous message, which would be intuitive enough and easy
> to handle IMHO.

Ah right, once you press INS then it becomes obvious, sorry for the
noise

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.