auctex

Re: wrong-type-argument stringp nil

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: wrong-type-argument stringp nil
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 18:39:08 +0100

Denis Bitouzé <denis.bitouze@univ-littoral.fr> writes:

Hi Denis,

>> So basically what we are seeing here is a result of your "use and
>> enable any latex package on earth" test file.
>
> Note that wasn't the initial aim :)

That's what the users always say. ;-)

>> But maybe I can do something about it as it seems that there might be
>> some duplicate entries.
>
> Maybe it isn't worth working on this: it is rather an edge case
> (usually, there is nothing after \end{document}) and I can split this
> huge file in smaller ones.

Ok, I've pushed two commits to master, each one fixing one spot
introducing duplicate entries.  Also, the latter commit adds some code
which signals a clear error like

  The TeX auto-parser's regexp has too many groups (XXX)

where XXX is the actual number of groups in the regular expression.  The
maximum supported by Emacs is 255.

Your test document is pretty much on the edge, and I don't see what else
we could do here except parsing in multiple passes.  But unless someone
reports the above error with a realistic document, I'll just let it as
it is.

If you can run auctex from the Git master, I'd welcome some testing.

Bye,
Tassilo