auctex

Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 16:44:16 +0200

On Tue, Apr 06 2021, David Denton wrote:
> Yes, it was from the buffer of an included .tex file.

Then for some reason, your local variable block isn't read when you open the
file, because both variables should have buffer-local values.

What is the value of the variables `enable-local-variables`,
`local-enable-local-variables`, `inhibit-local-variables-regexps` and
`before-hack-local-variables-hook`?

What is the value of `TeX-master` and `file-local-variables-alist` after you do
`M-: (hack-local-variables 'no-mode) RET`?

On my Emacs (27.1), with the latest AucTeX (13.0.6), your MWE works without
problems.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments