auctex

Inserting comments

From: Greg Bognar
Subject: Inserting comments
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 23:31:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a document in which I use the comment package.  The package is
supported by AUCTeX in comment.el.  When I open the file, text between
\begin{comment} and \end{comment} is nicely fontified with the comment face.

The comment package has a quirk that it requires that \begin{comment} and
\end{comment} be placed at the beginning of the line.  However, sometimes I want
to put comments between items in a list.  But C-c C-e (`LaTeX-environment')
still indents the environment (as it should; IMHO the quirk is really a bug).
Nevertheless, is there a way to teach it not to do that?

It's not a big deal but sometimes I keep on commenting list items and
momentarily forget about the quirk and then get puzzled why my document didn't
compile before I remember.

All the best,
Greg