auctex

Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be compl

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be completed in AUCTeX.
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:40:57 +0800

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 10:16 PM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, I use the self-compiled git master version of
> > Emacs and installed AUCTeX, company-math, cdlatex, etc. as a
> > LaTeX-based document preparation environment.
> >
> > But I still found there are some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol
> > and \hspace, which can't completed automatically when I type some of
> > their opening characters.
>
> I can't tell about the completion package/method you're using.  But
> \hspace is available in AUCTeX with 'C-c C-m hs<TAB>' incl. query for
> lengths.

I confirmed this behavior.

>  For \boldsymbol, it works for me when I put point inside a
> (inline) math environment and type \bol (i.e., $\bol*$ * being point)
> and hit C-M-i, then I get \boldsymbol.

I got the following completion result while testing your above example:

$\biol$

And the C-M-i is bound to flyspell-auto-correct-word in my case as shown below:

```C-h k C-M-i RET
flyspell-auto-correct-word is an interactive and compiled function
defined in flyspell.el.gz.

Signature
(flyspell-auto-correct-word)

Documentation
Correct the current word.

This command proposes various successive corrections for the
current word.  If invoked repeatedly on the same position, it
cycles through the possible corrections of the current word.

See flyspell-get-word for details of how this finds the word to
spell-check.

View in manual

Key Bindings
flyspell-mode-map C-.
flyspell-mode-map C-M-i
```

> I tested without `LaTeX-math-mode' enabled.

It has been enabled in my case.