auctex

Re: Highlighting \foo commands in math environments

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Highlighting \foo commands in math environments
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:08:51 +0900

Hi Kauê,

> Here is an image of how I currently colour math amidst text:
> [image: image.png]

>> In my answer to my own question here
>> <https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/69674/how-can-i-make-font-latex-sedate-face-have-precedence-over-font-latex-math-fa>,

It looks good to me.

>> I logged what I did. Perhaps this could be merged or an option to have math
>> commands highlighted differently could be added. Perhaps also an option to
>> highlight \(,\),\[,\] differently too.

>> Should I submit a pull request? If so, how? I did not manage to find the
>> way.

You can either open a bug report by M-x TeX-submit-bug-report or write
to auctex-devel@gnu.org, attaching the patch as attachment. It would be
preferrable to create the patch by "git format-patch" with suitable
commit message, after cloning the git repository of AUCTeX[1].

>> I fear though the default behaviour is the one preferred and perhaps
>> in that case some variable to toggle this special highlighting could be
>> created.

I guess there's no serious intention in the order which you edit. I hope
your attempt makes better result for the bug#26630[2].

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

[1] git://git.savannah.gnu.org/auctex.git
[2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26630