autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7553] Submitting new Autoconf Macro - ax_check_mysql.m4

From: anonymous
Subject: [patch #7553] Submitting new Autoconf Macro - ax_check_mysql.m4
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:28:52 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi,

I am submitting an Autoconf Macro I've been developing for the past couple
months - ax_check_mysql.m4. I'm aware that multiple other MySQL macros exist,
but mine is specifically geared toward MySQL plugin development and
installation. Specifically:

  -Automatically Detects binary, include, and plugin directories for most
typical MySQL installations.
  -Provides methods for one to designate the directories manually, or point to
a root directory containing a MySQL installation.

  Once such a installation is found, my macro:

  -Finds the MySQL version
  -Find the architecture of the installation (32/64 bit)
  -Determines whether plugins can be installed
  -Determines whether MySQL version is 5.5 or above (slightly different
includes)

I couldn't find anything else that encompasses what I was looking for, so I
hope submitting it here helps others not go through the trouble.

Thanks for your time!

NOTE: This macro is only compatible with unix-based environment. It has been
tested on all major forms of Linux and versions of Mac OS X. However, no
windows testing has been done.

Sincerely
   -Yusuke Tsutsumi

File Attachments: