autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7862] ax_pkg_swig.m4, add SWIG_FLAGS

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [patch #7862] ax_pkg_swig.m4, add SWIG_FLAGS
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:45:14 +0000

Update of patch #7862 (project autoconf-archive):

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi Václav,

I'm not sure whether adding SWIG flags into the $SWIG variable itself is a
good idea. $SWIG is expected to be an executable. If that variable suddenly
contains several words separated by whitespace, it might break the scripts of
other people who have been relying on the current behavior. Other toolsets
separate the location of the compiler from the compiler flags as well, i.e.
$CC versus $CPPFLAGS and $CFLAGS.

In my humble opinion, it's probably best to define

    AC_ARG_VAR([SWIG_FLAGS], [SWIG flags])

in your project's configure.ac instead of patching that feature into the
AX_PKG_SWIG macro. It's unsatisfactory that there is no comprehensive solution
to building SWIG file. Solving that issue seems to be a difficult task,
though.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?7862>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/