autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #8195] Add AX_PROG_SCALAC

From: Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
Subject: [patch #8195] Add AX_PROG_SCALAC
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:53:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #8195 (project autoconf-archive):

Peter Simons <simons>: Thank you for committing my patches.

Rhys Ulerich <rhysu>: I'm new to Autotools so before I can answer I need to
know a bit more.

> Is this the beginnings of Scala support?
What is required before it is considered support? In patch #8197 support for
detecting the Scala Standard Library is added. By adding it to Java's
classpath Java can run Scala programs. I also plan to add support for
detecting Scala installed in a single folder (common when not installed via a
distro package) and the scala binary (that can run compiled Scala classes
without adding the Scala Standard Libray to the classpath.

> Could this better go into mainline autoconf as Erlang has?
I have no idea. What are the requirements for something to go into mainline
autoconf? Please note that the Scala support uses the Java support in the
autoconf archive.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8195>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/