autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #8585] ax_pthread and different CFLAGS and LDFLAGS

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: [patch #8585] ax_pthread and different CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:55:31 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #8585 (project autoconf-archive):

Hi Pavel,

I've recently been working on just this issue. Please have a look at

    http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8186

and try out the -draft3 version of the macro I recently posted there.

To make a long story short: Passing CFLAGS to the linking phase is standard,
correct and indeed required behavior; Clang is categorically in the wrong to
print that warning. Thankfully, newer versions of Clang no longer complain
about this, so it is only older versions (perhaps still the current version on
Darwin/OSX) that are a problem. The correct solution is to add a flag that
quashes the warning, which the draft AX_PTHREAD now does.

Apologies for the delay---you posted this bug report while I was on holiday :]

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8585>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/