Re: [Autoconf] Failed tests on Solaris-2.5/Sparc

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Failed tests on Solaris-2.5/Sparc
Date: 19 Sep 2000 17:42:58 +0200

>>>>> "Bernard" == Bernard Dautrevaux <address@hidden> writes:

Bernard>        The other one is the test for macro AC_FUNC_STRTOD; in
Bernard> fact the macro runs OK saying that 'strtod()' is broken on
Bernard> this machine and that 'pow()' is in libm.a (I don't know why
Bernard> we test for pow() if strtod is broken but anyway...).

Because the traditional file used to replace strtod uses it.

Bernard> The problem is that as pow is in libm, this test adds
Bernard> "POW_LIB=-lm" in the environment, and then the test fails ;-(
Bernard> I'm not understanding enough the inner workings of all this
Bernard> AT_TEST_MACRO testing framework, but I don't understand why
Bernard> adding things in th eenvironment is flagged as an error.

Thanks for the report.  We are not checking whether things are added
in the env, it's a corollary of our testing that macros don't pollute
the user name space, i.e., use only sh var starting with `ac_'.  There
are exceptions, you caught one, thanks!

Akim