[Autoconf] Meta list issue: subject prefixes

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: [Autoconf] Meta list issue: subject prefixes
Date: 19 Sep 2000 16:14:26 -0700

Could the really annoying "feature" of mangling the subjects of incoming
messages be turned off?  Judging from other mailing lists that I'm on,
this got globally turned on on all gnu.org mailing lists, and I personally
find it highly annoying.  Among other things, it significantly decreases
the usable length of the subject line by prepending unuseful and long
(particularly in the case of commit messages) constant tags.

(I'm sorry to send this directly to the list; I would have sent it to the
list owner, but with the new mailing list system I'm not sure who that
would be.  The only address I can find in the headers is the same address
that gets all the bounces, which strikes me as an unuseful place to send
human content.)

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>