autoconfiscation of a closed source project

From: Marc van Woerkom
Subject: autoconfiscation of a closed source project
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:09:53 +0200 (CEST)

Dear list readers,

I am doing initial work on a software project that is likely
to be closed source for a while.

One of the tasks is setting up the build process.
I would love to use the widely used toolset consisting
of autoconf, automake, libtool and also gettext for
this project.

My question is if this possible without violation of
the license conditions of these packages.

At present I believe that autoconf, automake and libtool
use would be possible, but that gettext usage would be
not.

As I am not subscribed to this list, please forward answers
to me directly please.

If you know alternatives, this information would be welcome
too of course.

Thanks & regards,
Marc