Re: Patch for autoconfig-2.13: AC_TRY_COMPILE plus F77.

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Patch for autoconfig-2.13: AC_TRY_COMPILE plus F77.
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:42:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Wolfgang!

> cat > conftest.f << EOF
>       program main
>       endEOF

The Fortran 77 support has been rewritten in the CVS version of Autoconf.
I couldn't reproduce your problem. "end" is always followed by a newline
in the configure scripts.

> I'd appreciate, if you checked in my patch for availability in later
> versions of autoconfig.

It's not applicable.

You are encouraged to test the current version of Autoconf. It is
considered as quite stable, but the Fortran 77 support still requires
work.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin