Re: Checking for global variables

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Checking for global variables
Date: 05 Oct 2000 14:19:32 -0300

On Oct  5, 2000, Peter Eisentraut <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it portable to do that?

I don't think so.  IIRC, HP-UX's linker distinguishes data symbols
from code symbols.

> Does someone have a better idea (short of writing AC_TRY_LINK,
> etc. for each)?

There might be a macro able to do what you want.  The problem is that
you'd have to supply the right type for the variable, and any headers
required to declare the types (and maybe the variable itself), so it's
not too much different from using AC_TRY_LINK directly.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}