Re: AC_PROG_CC not working

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC not working
Date: 09 Oct 2000 10:59:51 +0200

| The obvious reason for this behavior is that AC_PROG_CC requires
| AC_PROG_CPP to run before the AC_PROG_CC macro body. This will then
| pick up the gcc compiler (if present) and then use the cached value
| for CC, no matter which compilers we specify for AC_PROG_CC.
|
| Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Currently I can't think of any good one.  In addition, I now think it
is now feasible to merge *_CPP in *_CC as I first thought, not without
revamping a lot of code which is a big no before 2.50.

Anyway, I am still against the possibility to specify a list of
compilers for AC_PROG_CC, CXX etc.  I think we will never stop having
problem with this feature :(

        Akim