Re: Failure of testsuite/autoupdate

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Failure of testsuite/autoupdate
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:41:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, David!

> $sed --version > /dev/null 2>&1 || ...
>
> The sed on QNX will just stop at this point as it has no input and
> just sits and waits for input.

I thought about this construct, but I decided not to fix since the right
fix is not to depend on GNU sed at all.

> I also noticed a few lines below there is code:
>
> dir=`echo "$0" | sed ... `
>
> shouldn't this be:
>
> dir=`echo "$0" | $sed ...`

I think "sed" is supposed to be the native sed, while $sed is GNU
sed. Anyway, it's all very dirty and should be cleaned up ASAP.

However, if I don't find a better solution soon I'll add </dev/null where
appropriate.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin