Annoying warning message is now an error!

From: Mo DeJong
Subject: Annoying warning message is now an error!
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 22:17:20 -0700 (PDT)

I just updated and tried to regen from a configure.in
only to find that the annoying warning that I reported
a couple of months ago has now turned into an error.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/autoconf/2000-05/msg00265.html

Now I get:

% autoconf
configure.in:4: error: undefined macro: JAVAC_FLAGS

The strange thing is that a configure file is
still generated. Problem is, when I run the
configure file that is generated, I get
this error:

checking for gdb... /usr/local/project/install/insight/bin/gdb
/home/mo/project/tcljava_ajuba/clean/tcljava/configure: syntax error near
unexpected token `"(c'
/home/mo/project/tcljava_ajuba/clean/tcljava/configure:
/home/mo/project/tcljava_ajuba/clean/tcljava/configure: line 3207: `
echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6'

I think it is puking on something like this:

echo "configure:2155: checking for $ac_word" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for $ac_word... $ECHO_C" >&6
if test "${ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC+set}" = set; then
  echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6
else
  if test -n "$ac_ct_CC"; then
  ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC="$ac_ct_CC" # Let the user override the test.
else

I think this code was generated as part of the AC_PROG_CC macro.

Should I not try to run the configure after the error:
message is printed?

Any ideas?

P.S.

In case anyone wants to try autoconf out on the actual sources
that are causing this error, the CVS info is:

setenv CVSROOT
:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/tcljava

cvs login
(password is "")