Re: No, I *don't* HAVE_IO_H!

From: David Andrew Michael Noelle
Subject: Re: No, I *don't* HAVE_IO_H!
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:55:52 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:49:36 -0500 (EST)
> From: Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Try this and make sure that your results are the same:
> $ cat >foo.c <<EOF
> > #include <foo.h>
> > EOF
> $ gcc -E foo.c >/dev/null
> foo.c:1: foo.h: No such file or directory
> $ echo $?
> 1

Yes, that's exactly the result I got, in both tcsh and bash, from both
gcc and g++.

> Maybe your Autoconf picks some other compiler. I have no idea.

It uses either g++ or gcc, so I tried both.

> Feel free to send me config.log

It's 40K, so I'll append it in .bz2.uue format.  Since this is "obsolete
code" I'm having trouble with, is there any reason to investigate this
further, or should I just build autoconf from CVS and see if that fixes
the problem?

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 address@hidden
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Quote of the Day:
The real conspiracy is the belief in conspiracy theories.  If people
suspect that the government is conspiring against them, they must also at
least suspect that the government is not wholly incompetent.
- D.A.M.N.