Problems with AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR/AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR_DEFAULT

From: Paul Martinolich
Subject: Problems with AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR/AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR_DEFAULT
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:00:57 -0600

In my configure.in, I have

AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(config)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(program,1.0)

In the configure file, I have the output of AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR followed
immediately by AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR_DEFAULT.  The second version
essentially
negates the first.

The first line in AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is to AC_REQUIRE(AC_PROG_INSTALL)
which in turn does a AC_REQUIRE(AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR_DEFAULT).  When I
removed the AC_REQUIRE(AC_PROG_INSTALL) from the aclocal.m4 generated
by automake, the configure file does not have the second version.

I want to say that this worked from a very recent CVS checkout, so
that it must be something from within the last few days, but I don't
see anything in the ChangeLog that looks like the problem.  (I have
a CVS version from Oct 27 or so at home, so I'll check it tonight).

Is there a way for me to revert back to a specified day in my current
CVS?  Or do I have to revert back to a specific version for each
file?  I am not very familiar with cvs.

Thanks,

Paul
--
Paul Martinolich/Software Engr.   e-mail: