Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:37:22 +0100

Akim Demaille wrote:

> Mo> Whats the deal?
>
> That's the result of our hesitations about this issues, and the fact
> that we couldn't even come up with a precise definition of what EXEEXT
> and OBJEXT are.
>
> For a start: are they related to host, or to build?

With autoconf-2.13 they were derived from $CC, which normally refers
to $host.

But if a build-system would require build-tools to be invoked with
their full names (i.e. gcc.exe instead gcc) they also would be
needed for the build-system -- OTOH, I don't know about any such
system.

Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung
(FAW)
Helmholtzstr. 16, 89081 Ulm, Germany     Tel: +49/731/501-8690
mailto:address@hidden           FAX: +49/731/501-999
http://www.faw.uni-ulm.de