Re: More on fopen() problem on Cygwin

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: More on fopen() problem on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:21:06 +0100

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:13:15AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
: Oh, I get it,
: it's cl that's creating the program that outputs the lines that contains the
: \r\n.  This means that your "wb" would cause the cl created program to output
: only \n line endings and would be read appropriately with Cygwin packages on
: binary mounts.

Yes.

: Given that "wb" and "rb" are ANSI compliant then I suggest that your "wb"
patch
: to be correct.  It solves the problems created by non-Cygwin programs and this
: includes all other Win32 ports of GCC.

Someone suggested just removing the \n completely from the sprintf() format
string
before writing it with fwrite().  I think that is the best solution.  Then we
should
be able to drop binary mode (which may or may not cause trouble on some obscure
systems) again.

  Lars J