Re: Problem with latest CVS autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Problem with latest CVS autoconf
Date: 29 Nov 2000 11:40:59 +0100

| When I try to build the latest CVS autoconf I get:
|  Processing ../autoconf.m4 produced output:
|  ../autoconf.m4: define(AC_ACVERSION, 2.49b)
|
|  gmake[1]: *** [autoconf.m4f] Error 1
|
| What did I miss?

Arg.  That's a sanity check I recently introduced in ./Makefile.am:
when processing autoconf.m4 with divert disabled, the output should
contain only comments.

It shows that here this define has not been executed.

Most probably because it's the wrong name... Wait a second...

Right: I have

~/src/ace % cat acversion.m4                                     nostromo 11:35
# This file is part of Autoconf.                             -*- Autoconf -*-
# Version of Autoconf.
# Copyright 1999, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

m4_define([AC_ACVERSION], [2.49b])

so we must have a bad dependency problem somewhere: most probably
acversion.in has been correctly updated to use m4_define, but your
acversion.m4 has not been updated.