trying to get AC_PATH_PROG into config.h...

From: Matthew Whitworth
Subject: trying to get AC_PATH_PROG into config.h...
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:00:49 -0800 (PST)

I'm writing a program that invokes external programs via popen(), and I'm
trying to autoconfiscate the package.  I have been trying to use the
AC_PATH_PROG macro to locate a program.  It seems to be working while the
configure script is running and the value is available in Makefile.in, but
I'm not exactly sure how to get the value (the full path to the program)
in my config.h (where I really need it).

>From configure.in:
AC_PATH_PROG(PINGPATH, ping)

>From acconfig.h:
/* path to the ping program */
#undef PINGPATH

>From ./configure output:
checking for ping... /bin/ping

So configure is finding it, but the value never gets into config.h (and
therefore never gets into my program).  I've been looking for examples in
other packages, but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

matthew whitworth
address@hidden

Between here and there is better than either here or there!